What can we help with?
Our purpose is to support young people to overcome challenges and barriers that have prevented them from finding a job or seeking further education or training and give young people the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Common barriers for those not in education, employment or training are:
- Mental health and general emotional wellbeing
- Physical health difficulties
- Being a carer
- Offending history
- Language and cultural barrier
- Leaving care/in care
The YES Project can help with eliminate any barriers you may face accessing or staying involved, such as: travel costs and childcare
How do we help?
For young people with complex needs, an Intensive Young Person’s Support Worker will be allocated to you who will work on a one-to-one support basis and, were required, help to:
- Find and access suitable accommodation and prevent homelessness
- Mediate between you and your family
- Refer and support you to access specialist statutory services
- Accompany you to appointments
- Work with you to build your confidence, self-esteem and motivation
- Work with you to improve your general health and emotional well being
For those young people who do not require intensive support, The Bridge will signpost to the relevant delivery partner within the project.
Who is this service for?
The YES Project takes referrals for young people, aged 15-24 who are currently not in employment, education or training, across Leicester and Leicestershire.