What can we help with?
The aims of the project are to support you in ensuring that you have:
- Increased financial confidence and a greater capacity to manage daily budgets - making the most of money, opening a bank account, mobile/internet banking, and maximising income, for example, utility switching.
- Increased digital confidence – applying for jobs online, using the internet safely, making use of social media accounts, accessing online services and using PC’s, tablets and mobile devices.
- Reduce any isolation
Did You Know: 10% of households in the UK do not have internet access, of which 20% felt it was because they lacked the skills necessary.
How do we help?
Moneywise Plus are able to support you to achieve financial and digital confidence, and reduce isolation through:
- Outreach sessions at dedicated venues across Leicester and Leicestershire
- Financial and digital group workshops
- Intensive one-to-one Advisor support
- Opportunities for volunteering
As The Bridge are responsible for the engagement and assessment project areas, we focus on:
- Community engagement – we will work with you to identify the appropriate Moneywise Plus support
- Assessment and support – we undertake assessments and progress checks, ensuring your needs are being met
- Service promotion, networking and engagement
Who is this service for?
Moneywise Plus takes referrals for people aged over 18 and living in Leicester and Leicestershire. To be eligible for the project, participants cannot be in paid work of any kind and must have the right to live and work in the UK (supporting evidence will be required).