What can we help with?
Housing Matters and Housing Matters for Families can work with people in any of the following circumstances:-
- A person or household who may need help to move into and set up their new home
- A person or household who is currently in temporary accommodation waiting for permanent housing
- A person or household who already have their own home but experience difficulties, such as:
- Difficulties with budgeting
- Risk of becoming homeless
- Lack of essential furniture or household items
- Little or no income
- Looking for alternative housing
- Problems with managing household bills
- Rent arrears
- Socially isolated
Did You Know: Approximately 200,000 single people experience homelessness in England each year.
How do we help?
We provide intensive, one-to-one support through home visits, phone contact, drop-ins and/or group work. Support will be focussed on helping people to achieve security and independence in their home and will typically last for up to 9 months.
Who is this service for?
Housing Matters take referrals for single people, over the age of 18, living in the county of Leicestershire. Housing Matters for Families take referrals for couples and families, where the main tenant is over the age of 16, living in the county of Leicestershire.
Refer To Us
If you require Housing Support, a referral can be made by calling 0300 561 0001. For short-term support, you can access our drop-in sessions across the county. Please call 0300 561 0001 for an up to date list of venues and times.
Refer To Us