What can we help with?
The Housing Advice Team can help with the following:
- Preventing homelessness
- General housing options
- Housing waiting lists, transfers and exchanges
- Mortgage and rent arrears
- Notices and court action
- Successions and assignment of tenancies
- Housing Benefit
- Anti-social behaviour and neighbour disputes
- Housing issues relating to domestic abuse and relationship breakdown
Housing Advice can help you irrespective of what your financial situation is.
How do we help?
The Housing Advice Team provide information and will discuss all of your options with you, to help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities in relation to your housing or homelessness situation.
If you are at risk of losing your home or feel that you can no longer stay there, the team will make every effort to help you to keep your home. If this is not possible we can help provide advice regarding the alternative options that may be available to you.
Who can access the service?
Housing Advice takes referrals for people over the age of 18 and living in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland including:
- Council, Housing Association and private tenants
- Owner occupiers
- Those living in hostels or refuge accommodation
- Those in bed and breakfast accommodation
- Those living in temporary accommodation
- People who are homeless or sofa surfing