What can we help with?
The Housing Advice team can help with the following:
- Tenancy deposits – pre 2007 to date
- The legal requirements of regaining possession of your property (Section 21 and Section 8 notices)
- The new requirements introduced by the Deregulation Act 2015 and the process for issuing Section 21 notices (including the prescribed requirements for all new tenancies from 1 October 2015)
- New prescribed form for Section 21 notices
- The legal requirements on retaliatory eviction
- Checking your tenant’s right to rent under immigration status (all landlords in England have to make checks, since 1st February 2016)
- General tenancy information
- Rent increases
- Accelerated possession procedure
- Mediation between landlord and tenant
- Best practice for landlords
- Fixed term and statutory periodic tenancies
- Rent arrears
- Landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities
Housing Advice can help you irrespective of what your financial situation is.
How do we help?
The Tenancy Relations Officer will provide information, help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities and discuss all of your options with you in relation to the issue.